The FPC polypropylene depth filter cartridge, also known as the QMC, is an innovative product from the Whatman Nuclepore Family. Serial layers of graded density-media provide for depth loading of contaminants through the entire cartridge, rather than just on the surface. This capture area is further extended by pleating the media. In addition, the QMC filter media provides exceptionally fine retention while maintaining high flow rates at low differential pressures. The QMC provides an economical operating cost while providing a high-quality output. The QMC is very clean and will not contribute debris to the filtrate. The manufacturing process prevents contamination of the process fluid by the media itself, a condition known as media migration. Extractables are negligible because no binders, adhesives or chemical additives are used in fabrication. Because the cartridge is made entirely of polypropylene, it is chemically compatible with a wide variety of chemicals.
- 0.1 micron to 10 micron
- Consistent performance for critical prefiltration or final filtration
- Pleated all-polypropylene graded density depth filter
- Excellent dirt holding capacity and particle retention
- Consistently high flow with low pressure drop
- Non-woven filter material minimizes media migration
- Low extractables
- Broad chemical compatibility
- Meets CFR and USP Class VI plastics tests
- Extensive range of lengths and end cap styles to fit all types of housings
- General Industrial: Pre-RO, Post-DI resin trap, protection of DI and carbon beds, photographic solutions
- Pharmaceuticals: Prefiltration of serum and plasma products, parenterals, opthalmics, cough syrups, oral medications
- Food and Beverage: Bottled water, soft drinks, beer, wine, juices, corn syrup, edible oils
- Microelectronics: DI water pre-filtration, photoresists, acids, bases, etchants and CMP slurries
- Coatings: Automotive paints, magnetic slurries, can coatings, printing inks, electroplating solutions
- Personal Hygiene and Cosmetics: Perfumes, colognes, aftershaves, mouthwashes, oils, shampoos, lotions
Materials of Construction
Filter Media: Thermally Bonded polypropylene fiber
Support, Core Tube, Sleeve, End-caps: Polypropylene
Pore Sizes (95% Nominal): 10, 5, 3, 1, 0.6, 0.4, 0.2, and 0.1 microns
Meets USP 23 Class VI Biological Test for Plastics
Conforms to CFR Title 21
Endotoxin: < 0.25 EU/mL as determine using LAL test
Cytotoxicity: Non-cytotoxic, non-reactive
Recommended Flow Rates per 10″ cartridge:
1.0 micron and larger: 4 to 5 GPM (15 to 19 LPM) at 72 F (22 C)
0.1 micron to 0.6 micron: 3 to 4 GPM (11 to 15 LPM) at 72 F (22 C)
Maximum Operating Pressure: 100 psid (7 Bar) at 68 F (20 C) in forward direction (outside to inside)
Maximum Operating Temperature: 176 F (80 C).
At elevated temperatures the maximum pressure drop must be reduced. At 176 F (80 C), the maximum pressure drop is 5 psi (0.34 Bar).
Hot water at 176 F (80 C) at 5 psid for 30 min.
Inline steam at 257 F (125 C) at 1 psid for 30 min.
Autoclavable at 257 F (125 C) for 30 min.
Nominal I.D.: 1.0″ (2.5 cm)
Nominal O.D.: 2.7″ (6.9 cm)
Flow rate of a 10″ FPC PP element (Nuclepore QMC) – water