Our trade-size woven media strainer bags (or mesh media bags) feature higher flow rates and superior dirt release compared to felt media. Their superior dirt release allows them to be washed and reused numerous times. It also makes them a smart choice for surface retention filtration.
- Economical removal of non-deformable contaminates
- Less susceptible to fiber release or media migration
- Temperature ratings to 350°F
- Micron ratings as high as 600 µm
- Sewn seams standard (contact us for welded collars on bags with flanges)
We also offer NMO mesh bags in lower micron ratings, 1-25 µm, with no minimum order quantity.
- #1 (P1) – 7.06″ dia. x 16.5″ length
- #2 (P2) – 7.06″ dia. x 32.0″ length
- #3 (P3) – 4.12″ dia. x 8.0″ length
- #4 (P4) – 4.12″ dia. x 14.0″ length
- Contact us for custom shapes and sizes or for industry-standard sizes not listed here
- NMO – Nylon monofilament media is woven from single-fiber threads. The openings are square and uniform. Bags made from monofilament material have excellent strength.
- PEMU – Polyester multifilament media is woven from threads made of many smaller fibers. Bags made from this material are low cost and disposable.
- Both media materials meet FDA regulations for food contact under CFR21, Section 177.1520.
- Silicone-free construction.
- Broad chemical compatibility.
Ring and Flange Styles
- Polypropylene (PP) ring (handles are standard on bags with this option)
- Stainless steel (SS) ring (handles are standard on bags with this option)
- Drawstring (DS)
- F-style (F) flange compatible with Pall and FSI Polyloc® equipment (available for sizes #1 and #2)
- P-style (P) flange compatible with Eaton filtration equipment
- RP-style (RP) flange compatible with Ronningen-Petter filtration equipment (available for sizes #3 and #4)
- OSS-style (OSS) flange compatible with Rosedale filtration equipment
|Effect of weak acids||None||Resistant|
|Effect of strong acids||Attacked||Slow attack by concentrated oxidizing acids|
|Effect of weak alkalies||None||Resistant|
|Effect of strong alkalies||Resistant||Attacked by concentrated alkalies|
|Effect of organic solvents||Resistant to most common hydrocarbons, solvents, esters, & ketones.||Resistant to aliphatic hydrocarbons, oils, fats, & alcohols. Slight attack by halogenated hydrocarbons, some keytones, & ethylene dichloride.|
|Max recommendable temperature||350°F||250°F|
|Notes||For meshes, polyester is weaker than nylon monofilament media|
See also the Cole-Parmer Chemical Compatibility Database.